- 50 station base capacity, expandable to 200 stations using hot-swappable modules
- Two-wire decoder-based irrigation reduces wire and simplifies troubleshooting
- Four independent programs with capability to overlap
- Supports up to 5 master valves, 5 flow sensors, 4 weather sensors and a variety of upgrades
- Same easy-to-use programming interface as other ESP series controllers
- 6 user-selectable languages including English, Spanish, French, Italian, German & Portuguese
- UV-resistant, outdoor-rated plasting locking wall-mountable case
- Built-in flow management software
- Requires controller electrical pigtail for power connection (sold separately)
The ESP-LXD controller has been designed to maintain the look, feel and ease of programming of the ESP-LXM controller but with an interface to a two-wire path for decoder-based irrigation. The ESP-LXD controller can manage up to 50 stations but can easily be expanded for use with up to 200 stations. Flow Management is also built in to every ESP-LXD controller. The ESP-LXD provides flexible features and modular options that make the controller ideal for a wide variety of applications including light-commercial, commercial and industrial irrigation systems.
Easy to Use
The ESP-LXD Controller utilizes the Rain Bird® ESP Extra Simple Programming user interface. The dial, switches, and buttons interface, which Rain Bird first introduced in the 1980s, is easy to learn and use and has become a standard controller interface for the irrigation industry. The large LCD display incorporates softkey text labels for the button functions rather than dedicated buttons.
Easy to Install
The ESP-LXD Controller has a spacious case and eight lugs for up to four two-wire paths (which are all managed as a single two-wire path) making installation fast and easy. Multiple size wiring knockouts are provided on the bottom and back side of the case to adapt to a wide variety of wiring applications. The door and front panel are removable so the case can be easily mounted to the wall.
From Cycle+Soak™ to Contractor Default Program™, the ESP-LXD offers innovative features proven to cut installation expenses, troubleshooting time and water use.
A modular design makes the ESP-LXD the perfect fit for a range of large residential and commercial projects—from the straightforward to the most complex.
50 to 200-Station Capacity
Included with every ESP-LXD is the ESP-LXD-M50 module, a “double-wide” module which snaps onto two adjacent mounts on the controller backplane. The ESP-LXD-M50 module includes the lugs for attachment of the two-wire path cables. For even more capacity, simply add one or two SM75 expansion modules (sold separately) to handle up to 200 stations from a single controller.
Built-In Flow Management
Built in to every ESP-LXD module is Rain Bird’s Flow Smart software for flow management – simply attach one to five SD-210 sensor decoders and flow meters (not included) to the two-wire path, and the controller will do the rest. FloManager® ensures you don’t overtax your water supply, while Flo-Watch™ quickly identifies and isolates high or low flow situations, such as mainline breaks.